BW Industries produce three types of Side Rail Systems:
- Butt Jointed
- Horizontal Cladding
Sleeved Rail System
- The sleeved side rail system is suitable for buildings with two or more bays and utilizes single span length side rails with sleeves.
- The sleeves are formed from plain channel section ie without lips.
- The sleeves, which achieve a high degree of continuity over the side rail supports are fitted at all penultimate column connections and staggered on internal bays, allow economy of side rail section selection.
- The system can be used for single span side rails and for double span side rails.
Butt Jointed Rail System
- The butted side rail system is suitable for all building types but is primarily used in single span applications.
- It is the simplest side rail system and can be used in inset and oversail configurations.
- Non-standard end configurations can be accommodated as required.
Side Rail System for Horizontally Fixed Cladding
- Panel Joint rails are used to provide support for horizontally spanning cladding systems.
- The rails have a large fixing face to accommodate the ends of two panels at joint positions.
- Rails are fixed at the top and bottom via cleats which are bolted to the sheeting rails.
For more details and information, please refer to our Purlin brochure.